Be Your Best Santa
A treasured cultural icon, so jolly in his cheerful red suit and stylish conical cap, his crowning glory and most distinguishing feature is surely his enviable, full beard. That’s right, many a beard enthusiast would agree: Santa Claus is #beardgoals. Snow-white curls or not- no matter the shade of our locks- knowing how to rock a snowy mane like Mr. Claus would win us real, or ironic, style points far and wide. That’s why we’ve gathered the top 5 tricks and techniques- and top 3 best beard trimmer tools- to get you that Santa Claus beard swagger this holiday season.
1. Start with your best growth effort, cleaned and conditioned for your transformational styling process: Growing out your beard is critical to getting to the "Santa Length" you desire. Starting from a smooth face? Have no fear, our NEW stubble balm will hydrate your skin and soften your stubble to ensure that the process of growing out your beard is silky smooth and comfortable. Beard Wash and Conditioner, and beard oil are your best friends as you reach new lengths. These products will ensure that you keep your new look-in-progress clean and smelling ‘fair’ while ensuring that your look is tamed and conditioned until you begin to trim your masterpiece.
2. Trim to your most flattering length, choosing your tools carefully: Once you’ve reached the length you desire, trimming the Santa beard is the key to a crisp-Kris-Kringle look. Once you’ve brushed out your mane with our beard brush, we’ve made it easy on you by listing our top options to ensure that you have the control you need as you apply your best trimming technique. If you’re going for a longer look, a pair of scissors may be your best friend, whereas, a shorter Santa-crop will need an electric trimmer .
3. Look modern with the best-kept secret: A well-executed edge for that sharp, clean effect: The key to keeping your Santa beard in style is actually more about crisp edging than anything else. A well edged and conditioned beard ensures you look ‘suited’ more for the office party vs. the cave. Learning how to wield a straight razor , while it may take practice and art, will graduate you into a new league of mastery, while making your lines and edges compliment-worthy sharp.
4. Finish off your style with some bold pizzazz: Moustache wax, a dry oil beard balm, and a wide toothed comb keep you on the naughty or nice list (whichever you prefer!) Dare we say, that if you have a long Santa beard, experimenting with the curling iron could be a bit fun. Advanced styling techniques aside, a twirl to the ends of your moustache will put a twinkle in your eye. Applying some of the moustache wax to your fingers, applying to your ‘stache, and creating the perfect upturned curl can elevate your style and mood. A dry oil beard balm, applied to the lengths of your hair will add the right level of conditioning, aroma, and slight sheen to ensure you can stand under the mistletoe with confidence. And keeping a sandalwood wide toothed beard comb in your pocket (or sack of toys) will make sure your wisps stay tamed.
5. Spread the joy! Give a thoughtful gift to everyone on your list! The best part of embodying any feature of Mr. Claus is bringing light and joy to the holiday season with a bag full of gifts for everyone on your list. This season, The Art of Shaving has you covered with a scent for everyone on your list, and a the product for virtually any look or style. We’ve captured 3 easy ideas for you below, but we’ve also got a wider gift guide that can help you sort by price, best sellers, and kits. So take your Santa beard seriously and check out our gift guide for friends, brothers, dads, husbands, cousins… anyone important in your life.
By: Jordan Chase