John has been a barber for 11 years and a Master Barber for 6 years. He hails from our 2151 Broadway store in New York City. Check out his expert advice on grooming your moustache and beard.
How often do you recommend someone use the complete Art of Shaving regimen and what are the benefits?
I recommend usage of the full regimen with all four elements to all of my clients who have never experienced our products. There are several great benefits that the full regimen can provide, including enhanced razor glide, increased protection from nicks and cuts and an overall closer, more comfortable shaving experience.
How long should shaving with the 4 elements take for someone at home?
What are some of the improvements you have seen in clients when they start using The 4 Elements of The Perfect Shave®?
The results I’ve seen from clients never cease to amaze me! I have witnessed many outcomes, including an overall reduction and elimination of razor bumps, redness, razor burn and trapped hairs. I have also seen an increased appreciation for grooming on a frequent basis due to the increase in comfort.
What advice do you give your clients to help them achieve The Perfect Shave®?
1. I recommend shaving during or after the shower. The steam helps prepare the skin for shaving and helps make the beard hair a little easier to cut.
2. Really pay attention to the direction in which the hair grows when applying pre-shave oil. Shave in the direction of hair growth first. If a closer shave is desired, RE-LATHER, then shave lightly against or across the direction of hair growth.
3. Use a properly weighted and balanced razor. This will provide a smoother razor glide and help to minimize razor burn. Be sure to change your blade after 3-5 uses, or when you feel it tugging at your beard as you shave.
4. Rinse with cool water, and then apply our alcohol free after-shave balm. This will help close the pores and hydrate the skin after your shave.
5. Use the hydrating toner after shaving prior to application of the after-shave balm, or anytime throughout the day! This product will leave your skin feeling fresh and revitalized.
Master Barber: John
Store: 2151 Broadway, NY
Experience: 11 years as a Barber
6 years as a Master Barber